A car is a vital part of our daily necessity. Whether you need to drop your kid at school, or to get to work; you will feel the necessity of a car. Besides personal use, it’s used for commercial use as well.
Car Statistics of USA 2012
Let’s see how Americans take cars as part of their lives:
- 253,639,386 total vehicles registered
- 150,874,480 total passenger cars
- 764,509 buses
Buses and cars are the two way of road transportation we use every day. And every now and then road accidents take lives or leave the passengers injured.
Car Accident Statistics of USA
- Number of average car accident death every day is around 104, that makes it over 37,000 deaths every year.
- 70% road kills are among people aged 15 to 44.
- Nearly 400,000 deaths each year of people aged fewer than 25.
- 8,000 deaths each year involving drivers aged 16 to 20.
- Cost of road accidents each year is US$ 230.6 billion each year.
What to Do After A Road Accident
Famous author Lois P. Frankel said that, “Nobody can take care of you other then you”. So after an accident you need to get proper medical care without thinking of anything else. After you are fully recovered then try to figure out the cause of the accident and solve it. But if you think you need legal help in the incident then you should consult a car accident attorney before talking to someone else.
Causes of Car Accident
There are a few common reasons behind car accidents; they are as following:
- Negligence is the first cause behind any accidents. Almost 70% accident claims are for negligence while driving. Drunk drivers and careless passengers are mostly seen a defendants in these cases. Over speeding and reckless driving are also subject to negligence.
- Mechanical Failure also leads to serious road accidents. Cars contain thousands of small parts and one malfunction can disrupt the whole thing. Mostly these are caused by manufacturing faults.
- Natural Causes are also a reason behind a lot of accidents. But in that case you can’t do anything about it.
How an Attorney Can Help You
If your accident was not natural and you want to sue whoever responsible for this then leave that on an attorney. Attorneys will also help you in cases of bearing your medical or repairing expenses. Overall an attorney will:
- Gather necessary information about your accident,
- Talk with the witnesses and profile them,
- Calculate approximate damages,
- Analyze your medical and police reports,
- Consult your insurance company, and
- Arrange negotiation for your rights.
Did you know? There are lots of law firms who provide free consultancy. Some of them doesn’t even charge you if they fail at the case. So you got nothing to worry about getting accident attorneys.
Always stay cautious, a road accident can ruin your future. And if you face one or know someone who faced one recently, then get proper care. And consult an attorney.
Author: Stephen Zee