Did you know that commercial trucks accidents left 5000 fatalities in the year of 2006? Even though truck drivers are more careful in the roads then other drivers.
Trucks can be big and heavy. As an example a dump truck is 20 times heavier than a passenger car. So the truck accidents can cause more damages then car accidents.
What to Do
To prove a truck accident case you must go through the following things to stick the charge with the guilty party:
- The driver or truck company owed you the “duty to exercise a reasonable degree of care to avoid injury”. Because every driver owes responsibility to not to cause harm to other drivers, people walking in the streets or the passengers onboard.
- The defendant breached the responsibility to maintain the above responsobility.
- And the defendants failure to maintain the responsibility has caused the accident.
You have to identify as many defendants directly related to the accident. Such as the driver, or the contractor, or maybe the truck company. Suppose you had a collison with a truck. Now you can trace defendants like the following:
- If the driver was driving under the influence then the driver is responsible for the accident.
- If a contractor forced the delivery to be fast and that conducted the accident, then you can charge the contractor.
- If the truck company took any actions like overloading the truck which may have caused the accident, then you can stick the charge with the company as well.
And if all causes are present beind the accident then can charge all of the responsible party for the accidents.
In some cases, the accidents can be considered as just accidents. Because some trucks can be hard to control in unexpect circumstances such as:
- Big trucks like 18 wheelers are hard to corner. And this may cause an accident if the other drivers on the road are not caution enough.
- Large vehicles, especially freight trucks carry a huge amount of weight. And they can loose control in sudden braking.
In the End, keep in mind that not all truck accidents are the drivers fault. In some cases, the situation can be hold responsible for the accident. So before charging someone, proceed by discussing it with your attorney, and by the accident law. It can be hard to abide the law, so don’t forget what Cassandre Clare said, “The Law is hard, but it is the Law.”