Did you know that around 80% of the accident cases in US are related to car accidents? Yes that is concerning, but the options to avoid them is very limited. Because you may get injured because of someone else’s fault. And in 70% accident cases the victim is injured by others negligence.
Get medical attention, that’s what I am going to say to you after an accident. And after that you if you think someone should be charged for that accident then you can take help from the car accident law. Accident law can be a little complicated. And what to do after an accident gets effected by it in different ways. So what to do after an accident depends on who you are.
If you are a victim
- Get medical attention, yes I am saying that again because it’s really important.
- Write down about everything happened at the accident.
- Try to find witnesses who can verify it.
- Get photographs or evidences.
- Get a car accident lawyer to file a case and deal with it.
- Always try to get more coverage. Because in most states the minimum requirement amount is very low.
- File a claim as soon as possible after an accident.
- Co-operate with the investigator.
If you are being charged
- Get a car accident lawyer to defend you.
- Tell your lawyer about the truth even if you are guilty.
- Try to collect evidences and witnesses regarding the case.
- Never try to handle anything without your lawyer.
- Don’t discuss anything with anyone but your lawyer.
By being charged, you can get charged for several liabilities. They are such as:
- Liability of Injury: if you injure someone with the accident you may have to pay the victims medical expense.
- Liability of Property Damage: Same as injury liability, but applicable for damage of any property.
But you can get charged by both liabilities if you applicable. As example if you hit another car with passengers onboard.
At the end all I want to advice you is that never hide anything from your lawyer even if you are at fault. Your attorney is bound to keep all your info confidential and private. So let your attorney know about every inches of the case if you want to get defended properly. And if you can co-operate with your lawyer properly then there is always a higher chance of winning the case. So always remember what Henry Ford said, “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”