Nobody leaves Florida without paying a visit to the Miami Beach. What can be more amazing than a cozy patio under the warm sun of Miami? Well nothing in Florida can.
So suppose you just checked in at a hotel in Miami to start your vacation. But while planning about the next days you slipped in a wet floor and hurt your back pretty badly. Now you probably have to spend your vacation money on healthcare, right? Well not really, unless you agree that wet floor was your fault. So let me tell you what you CAN do after that:
- See a doctor, your health is the top priority always.
- Collect information about why you faced that accident. And try to figure out if it was someone else’s fault.
- Get a Miami personal injury attorney. An attorney will file a case about the incident.
- Your attorney will then try to negotiate with the accused party to get a settlement for bearing your medical cost and damage penalty as well.
- In case you are the one who got accused, your attorney will try to negotiate with the other party to minimize the penalty.
But to make your position stronger in a personal injury case, you need to know about some facts as well.
Personal Injury Law: Facts
- Personal injury can be general or special. General injuries can be measured in value, like a hip bone crack or maybe a broken finger. But special injuries can’t be. Mental distress or disorders are considered as special injuries.
- The bigger your injuries are, the bigger the value of that injury.
- Look for past incidents in that region. Sometimes past settlements affect the case value.
- Married people often get more money out of injury cases.
- The settlement value of your case will be increased if you had to take the ambulance to get to the hospital.
- If your doctor declares that the injuries are not caused by that accident then you can’t get any damages out of the case.
- Gender determines the value of the damage in cases of disfigurement.
- Determine the outcome of your case. If the outcome is too little than it won’t be worth working with.
Did you know that every day hundreds of people get badly injured on tourist seasons? Now I am not forbidding you to take a vacation in Miami. Nobody can predict an accident. So make sure to stay focused and maybe not too drunk in your vacations. Because safety will make sure you don’t face an accident in the first place. So be safe, live happy.
Author: Stephen Zee.