Suppose you are riding a bicycle. Suddenly you tripped on a brick and fell. As a result you end up with some bruises and your bicycle got a damaged wheel. Now will you calculate both damages together? No, your bicycle’s damage will be considered as damage to property, and hurting yourself will be considered as a personal injury.
There are a few things to do both before and after a personal injury case. About doing what to do before, there’s nothing much as an accident is unpredictable. All you can do is stay aware of yourself and surroundings. But with other people getting in your way it doesn’t work that well. So if you do face a personal injury case, go through like I advise you to here.
After an Accident:
After an accident it’s really hard to keep yourself in one place. If are still conscious after a personal injury then try to do the followings:
- Call emergency services; don’t hesitate to call the police.
- Don’t panic, stay calm and look for help. If someone else is hurt at the same event then try to help them as well. Unless you are not a position aid.
- Take pictures. This will be really helpful as evidences. And it may determine later the cause of the injury.
- Get medical attention. Don’t hesitate to get the best possible medical care ignoring expenses.
- Get a personal injury lawyer to handle your case. Your lawyer will carry out the rest while you can some rest.
And if you are in a position to do some more then you can strengthen up your position by doing the followings:
- Collect necessary evidences. They can point out who negligence caused the accident.
- Try to measure the amount of damages caused by the accident. This may include your medical expense and bills, hospital visits, any lost work or wages.
- Write down whatever you remember regarding the accident.
- Get the contact information of witnesses. Get in touch with them to verify the information.
- Try to avoid contacting anyone else besides your lawyer. And if you need to do that then consult your lawyer before it.
You may find these a bit complicated. But you have to stay easy and not take any pressures. But the personal injury law can be complicated also. “You can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.”– That’s what Gillian Anderson said. Just like that you will need to defend your position strongly to win a case and that does why never lose hope. So keep calm, and make our stand!