Suppose you slipped on a banana peel while walking to the grocery store. Did you know that’s going to happen when you got out of the house? Unfortunately nobody can. Even the most cautious persons have an accident once in a while. Let’s see some more facts about personal injuries.
Reasons for Personal Injury
- Slip and fall: This is a very common reason for most personal injury. Statistics say almost 30% personal injury cases are related to slip and fall.
- Car accident: Car accident is a reason for personal injury for both street walkers and other drivers. Almost 50% injuries are caused by car accidents.
- Attack: Someone may attack you intentionally to cause you damages.
Results of accidents
An accident may cause you harm or personal injury in two different ways, or in both ways for some cases:
- Physical Harm: Most accidents cause damages to your body. From minor scratches to breaking a bone or two, anything can happen. Negligence or simple accidents can cause fatal physical injury too,
- Mental Harm: An accident can break you mentally. A lot of people face post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after facing accidents or injury. This harm is not visible from the outside, but m
ay break you completely inside.
What to do
- Get yourself to a doctor first. Your medical attention is your first priority after being injured somehow. Worry about the medical expense later. On the meantime contact the police as well.
- Have some time for yourself and try to figure out about the accident. If you reach a decision where you blame yourself for being solely responsible for the accident then try to be captious at the future. But if you think someone caused you the injury directly or indirectly then you can take legal action.
- Call a Houston personal injury attorney. You can find a lot of law firms that provides free consultancy. So you may as well hire an attorney after having some consultation.
- Try to collect as much as evidence as possible at that moment. Because evidences are really helpful for charging someone and being in a strong opponent position. Also take pictures relevant to the case if possible.
- Search for witnesses. Testimonial from witnesses will make your case stronger. If you find anyone then collect their contact information immediately.
At the end
Addison Mizner once said that, “where there is a will, there is a lawsuit”. So never hesitate to seek help from the law in case of unavoidable accidents. And keep in mind that if it is not your fault, the law will make the responsible pay.