Health & Safety Education defines accident as, “An unplanned, uncontrolled event which has led to or could have led to injury to people, damage to plant, machinery or the environment and/or some other loss.” And even if you survive one, the aftermath can be unpleasant.
Always drive according to safety rules unless you want to play road rage. Yes there are car accident laws to take care of those issues and it makes sure the guilty one gets punished. But can it undo the damages the accident caused? So it’s better to avoid them in the first place. Let me take you through some points so that you can avoid a car accident, and some of them are strongly recommended by car accident law as well:
- Position Yourself Properly: Always check the adjustment of driver’s seat before driving. A faulty position will reduce your response time during emergencies.
- Check Your Condition: Make sure you are not sick or drowsy. Also avoid driving in cases you are on alcohol or medications.
- Check Your Vehicle: Check your instruments, tire pressure and equipments before driving. A faulty mechanism can cause the most serious accidents.
- Pay Attention: Don’t get carried away by the tune your radio is playing. Always focus on the road. 5. Observe Blind Spots: Always do that while turning or parking. Position your mirrors properly reduce blind spots.
- Maintain Tailgate Distance: Never drive behind other vehicles closely.
- Avoid Risky Roads: If you are not confident about your driving skills then avoid busy or risky roads.
- Notice Your Surroundings: Watch out for people walking in the roads or other drivers. Also notice other objects and surroundings while making turns or changing lanes.
- Obey Traffic Rules: Always follow the traffic rules like maintaining traffic lights, driving in proper lanes etc. This includes carrying proper paperwork also.
- Service & Maintenance: Repair your vehicle as soon as you find any problems. If you think your car is breaking down more often than avoid driving that vehicle. Take the bus!
At the end I will advise you to try to maintain them all. This will not guarantee your safety, but will reduce the probability of accidents by 90%. Russell Honoree said that, “People need to be cautious because anything built by man can be destroyed by Mother Nature.” So 10% remains because in some cases you might not be responsible for your accidents. If you do face problems like that than contact a car accident attorney right after an accident. And finally, decide wisely and live well.