Did you know that severity of car crashes in New York is 100% in New York? That number is big even for a city of 17 million surveyed metro populations. There are certain law codes describing the do and don’ts for a driver to reduce the numbers of accidents. There are certain penalties for disobeying them too. Let’s see what the law says:
Los Angeles Car Accident Laws
- Driving under influence is punishable by 3-5 years of imprisonment. This also includes up to $2000 fine. Penalties may increase in case there are more infractions like hit and run, chemical test refusal etc.
- Property damages through car accident may lead to a sentence of 1-2 years of imprisonment plus cash penalties.
- Hit and run (without causalities) is punishable by up to 6 months in a jail and maximum $1000 fine.
- If someone crashes a car while driving without a license then they may lose their driving license for a year or more.
- Penalties for vehicular manslaughter in Los Angeles may lead to 10 years of serving in a state prison.
Now, before getting scared of driving in NY you must first go through the reasons and aftermaths of a car accident. But if you do manage to get yourself involved in an accident, then it’s the high time for you to get a car accident attorney.
Why Getting an Attorney Is Important
There are two possible reasons you may seek these statistics and instruction. Either you are a concerned citizen, or maybe someone who just had an accident. Well if you are, then you should get your head straight first. Then you need to get a car accident attorney after proper care. An attorney will provide you with legal advice whether you want to sue someone, or you want to get your charges lifted. Your attorney will help you in the following ways:
- Collect data about the accident and necessary evidences.
- Find and profile witnesses.
- File your case.
- Set up a negotiation for settlement.
- Defend you if the case faces a trial in the court.
Most law firms in New Yorks provide free consultancy and professional lawyers in a fair budget. So getting an attorney won’t cost you a fortune.
The lawsuit after a car accident in New York can be a little complex. But the law won’t punish you if a legal defense is in action. So instead of being scared of the law, obey it. Remember that, “Justice is for all sides, not just one” – Just like Eleanor Roosevelt said.
Author: Stephen Zee