Statistics show a horrible fact: 1.2 million people die every year from car crashes worldwide. So that makes it around 3000 road kills every day. And it may become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030 if it goes like this way.
Global Auto Accidents Statistics
According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel, the current statistics for auto accidents are as following:
- 20-50 million people injured each year.
- Around 400,000 under 25 deaths every year.
- Stated as ninth leading cause of death worldwide.
- Around US$518 million damage cost annually.
Always maintain safety precautions while driving. Any negligence may lead to serious injuries of yours or others around you. So never drive without a legal driver’s license, keep your seat belts buckled and always follow the traffic rules. And If you have already failed to do so, then you need an attorney for your support. But before that, you have to know the common laws and penalties for an automobile accident.
Law for Auto Accident
If you seek legal support after an accident then you should not worry about that. If you go through proper procedures then the law will make sure you get your rights. You may seek the laws help in case you are not responsible for your accident and its aftermath. As an example, these are the key points of auto accident law in US:
- A driver must stop his/her vehicle immediately after an accident involving him/her.
- In California, drivers charged for fleeing accident site is punishable by serving up to one year of imprisonment. And a fine of US$1000-US$10000 is also charged as well.
- Fleeing the scene of accident is considered as a third degree felony in Texas. And it is punishable by up to 5 years of imprisonment.
- Causing death by reckless driving is punishable by up to 14 years.
- Depending on conviction, driver license can be seized for a certain time to lifetime.
Steps after an Auto Accident
To minimize penalties, you should go through the following steps after an auto accident:
- DO NOT Flee the scene of accident.
- CALL the police and let them know the situation.
- HELP the injured.
- DO NOT RUN after a hit.
- BE CO-Operative and help the emergency team.
- GET AN ATTORNEY as soon as possible if you are charged or if you want to.
Auto Accident Attorney
After an accident you may not be able to be in a mental stage to fight your case. But your attorney will collect all necessary information and evidence. And your attorney will set up a settlement to benefit both parties and lift the charges. An auto accident attorney will also make sure you are provided with medial cost and vehicle repair cost. So let your attorney do the work and relax.
Did you know that a driver curses around 32000 times in their life while operating a vehicle? Well that won’t help after an accident. So get medical care after an accident and never proceed without a professional accident attorney.
Author: Stephen Zee