Accidents are nothing new in our lives. Somebody is falling of a staircase or getting beaten every minute. Maybe someone just hurt his ankle as soon as you are finished reading this sentence.
Most accidents are happening because of natural causes. As we can’t control everything, we can’t stop every accident either. All we can do is stay cautious to avoid a personal injury caused by someone’s negligence or wrongful act.
What to Do In Case Of Unnatural Accidents
After getting proper care and recovering from your injury, you should follow these steps:
- Contact the police.
- Collect information’s about your accident.
- Collect the name and numbers of the witnesses for later.
- Do not involve anyone who is not certified to handle this.
- Get an attorney.
Here is how the lawsuit process works in case of a personal injury complaints at Atlanta:
- Your personal injury attorney will gather all information and proceed with you to file a complaint or petition. This will begin your case.
- After both sides investigation the parties may enter into a settlement negotiation. At most cases the process ends up here with a penalty.
- If a settlement negotiation fails, the case will face the trial. Each side will present their statement in front of a judge and juries. If the defendant is found guilty then he or she has to pay for the damages the victim faced.
- After the judge reaches a decision the defendant or the victim may not agree with it, and file for an appeal. This may result in overturning the whole case or may just send back the case for a re-trial.
Personal Injury Statistics
Most personal injury cases are caused by drunk driving, medical malpractice and negligent conductions.
- Every year around 8,000,000 people visit the emergency room who are injured from a fall.
- 10,076 people died from drunk driving accidents in 2013
- 629,000 workplace injuries between 2013 and 2014
- Transit and Intercity injuries increased by 14% within 2011-2012.
Why Getting an Attorney Is Important
A lot of people consider hiring an attorney as an unnecessary expense. Well actually it isn’t. Most law firms in Atlanta provides free online consultancy. And almost all of them won’t charge you unless you win the case. So it won’t cost you if you get nothing. And if you win the case then the attorney’s charge will be comparatively small to your win. Let me tell you why you should get an attorney:
- An attorney will gather all necessary info about your personal injury while you get proper medical care.
- Your attorney will present the crunchy law stuffs in an easy way. So you won’t miss any detail while demanding your rights.
- He will try his best to win the case and give you your rights. But will only charge around 20% of your total claim.
Did you know, that an attorney won’t disclose you even if you confess a crime to him? So nfever hesitate to get a personal injury lawyer and don’t hide a single detail from him.
Always keep in mind that safety is first. So keep in mind that “You need to be cautious because anything built by man can be destroyed by Mother Nature”, just like Lt. General Russel L. Honore said. Live safe and live happy.
Author: Stephen Zee