Los Angeles is the second most populated and trafficked city of the U.S after New York. The city is full of cars and crazy road traffic. But New York on the other hand has a majority of regular folks preferring trains. With over 4 million population in the city, two facts stand out the most – the crime rate, the amount of accidents and injuries.
Before we move to the core, here are a few stuffs you should think through about Los Angeles:
- Figure of death rate in vehicle accidents is near to 1000 every year.
- Pedestrian casualty rate is double the amount in New York.
- Over 100,000 Injury lawsuits and approximately 20,000 reported hit and run crashes each year.
When You Are In Trouble
If you crash your vehicle or get hurt by the irresponsible behavior of somebody else, there is always a solution for this! Just get yourself proper medical care and this is where the insurance pays off.
Later, when you are physically all set, go and find yourself an accident lawyer. Clearly, you won’t understand this at first, not till you see the tons of medical bills that follow right after it. But like I said, there’s nothing to worry about. Seek help and interview some of the most skilled attorneys in your area. And then you can select the one who will bill you the least, but with a greater chance of winning.
The job of the lawyer is defending you. He will do all the legal work on your behalf so that you can get a break and ease into your usual routine. In the beginning, he will
- Bring together evidences in the form of crash reports, witnesses etc. After that,
- When he is ready to file the lawsuit, he will reach to the insurance company of the defendant and ask for a good settlement offer. If they decline to do so,
- He will start a lawsuit in the court and will win it for you after some time.
Most of the accident lawyers offer free calculation. And when they win the case, they will ask you rendering to the sum of the settlement. Their charges generally fall between 20% and are negotiable.
At the end of the day, when you are all done with it you can set off with life. And for those of you who were not pleased with the result of the case, be patient and think of what David Feherty said, “It’s how you treat your disappointment that controls how you treat your achievement.”